BEIJING (July 6, 2022) – Nissan’s passenger vehicle (PV) and light commercial vehicle (LCV) sales in China reached 546,020 vehicles in the first six months of the year, a 22.7% decline on year, resulting from external headwinds, including industry-wide parts and chip shortages.
Sales by the PV and LCV businesses, however, saw signs of recovery in June with 109,051 units sold, a 58.4% increase on month and a slight 4.8% decline on year. Sales by the passenger vehicle business (Nissan, Venucia and INFINITI brands) in June reached 91,867 units, a 64.6% increase on month and a 0.6% increase on year, while the light commercial vehicle business of Dongfeng Automobile Co., Ltd. (DFAC) and Zhengzhou Nissan (ZNA) sold 17,184 units, a 33% increase on month and 26.1% decline on year.
Nissan scope (PV + LCV + CBU)
vs CY 2021
CY 2022 YTD
DFL-PV (Nissan + Venucia + INFINITI*)
vs CY 2021
CY 2022 YTD
DFL LCV (DFAC + ZNA)
vs CY 2021
CY 2022 YTD
Note: Nissan announces rounded flash results to the media.
Nissan reports retail sales for PV and wholesale sales for LCV
“As the impact on vehicle production and sales is improving, we are glad to see signs of recovery in both the passenger and commercial vehicle business in June,” said Shohei Yamazaki, senior vice president of Nissan, chairman of the Management Committee for China, and president of Dongfeng Motor Ltd. (DFL).
Yamazaki said with the improvement in the overall pandemic situation across the country and the series of incentive policies issued by governments at all levels to boost the auto market, “we are encouraged to see efforts to bring our production and sales, and lives of customers, back to normal gradually.” He said he was extremely happy to see accelerated penetration into the electrification area by both the Nissan e-POWER Sylphy and Venucia D60EV, citing the upcoming Nissan all electric crossover SUV - Ariya, which will further accelerate Nissan’s electrification efforts in China.
< Nissan scope (PV + LCV + CBU) >
• 109,051 vehicles were sold in June under the Nissan scope, a 58.4% increase on month.
< DFL-PV (Nissan + Venucia + INFINITI*): Part of Nissan scope >
• The sales volume of Dongfeng Nissan (including Nissan, Venucia and INFINITI brands) in June reached 91,867 units, a 64.3% increase on month and increase of 0.6% on year. The sales volume of the Nissan brand reached 81,166 units in June, a 62.7% increase on month. The Venucia brand sold 10,046 vehicles, a 79.1% increase on month and 71.0% increase on year. INFINITI sold 655 units, a 48.9% increase on month.
• Dongfeng Nissan sold 448,806 vehicles in the first half of the year. Nissan sold 400,020 units. Venucia sold 44,685 units, an increase of 31.0% on year.
< Nissan’s LCV (Dongfeng Automobile Co. Ltd and Zhengzhou Nissan):Part of Nissan scope >
• Nissan’s LCV sales in China stood at 17,184 vehicles in June. DFAC’s June sales reached 13,081 vehicles, while Zhengzhou Nissan’s June sales stood at 4,103 vehicles.
• Dongfeng Nissan’s performance in June was driven by its sedan and SUV series across the Nissan, Venucia, and INFINITI brands.
➢ As for Nissan Sedan, Nissan Altima sold 14,721 units in June, an increase of 51.2% year-on-year, breaking its best sales record in June. At the same time, Altima sold 74,171 units YTD, a 10% increase year-on-year, breaking its best half-year sales record. Nissan Sylphy series sold 45,767 units in June, an increase of 11.1% year-on-year, including 2,931 ePOWER Sylphy.
➢ As for SUV, the sales volume of the SUV series reached 22,894 units in June (incl. Nissan & Venucia and INFINITI) and reached 127,507 units YTD. Nissan QASHQAI sold 14,820 units in June, an increase of 13.5% on year. ➢ Venucia’s June sales were boosted mainly by the Venucia V-online (3,375 vehicles), and D60 series (5,739 vehicles). The Venucia D60EV sold 4,988 units, an 800% increase on year.
➢ INFINITI’s June sales were driven mainly by the QX50, Q50L, and allnew QX60. QX50 sold 412 units in June.
• DFAC sold 71,857 vehicles from January to June, including 8,890 NEVs, a 48% increase year on year.
• Zhengzhou Nissan’s June sales continued to be driven by its pickup and SUV businesses, including Nissan Navara (770 vehicles) and the Dongfeng Rich-brand pickup series (3,181).
* INFINITI sales includes both CBU and local production
日产中国官网将使用Cookie技术为您带来更好的网站体验，如果您浏览此站点，即表示您同意我们使用该技术。更多内容请参阅 《日产中国隐私政策》 。