BEIJING (June 7, 2022) – Nissan’s passenger vehicle (PV) and light commercial vehicle (LCV) sales in China reached 436,969 vehicles in the first five months of the year, a 26.2% decline year-on-year, because of lingering external headwinds, including industry-wide parts and chip shortages and extended lockdowns across key regions and cities, as ongoing COVID-19 disruptions continued.
Sales by the PV and LCV businesses declined 38% to 68,844 units in May. Sales by the passenger vehicle business (Nissan, Venucia and INFINITI brands) in May reached 55,924 units, while the light commercial vehicle business of Dongfeng Automobile Co., Ltd. (DFAC) and Zhengzhou Nissan (ZNA) sold 12,920 units.
Nissan scope (PV + LCV + CBU)
vs CY 2021
CY 2022 YTD
DFL-PV (Nissan + Venucia + INFINITI*)
vs CY 2021
CY 2022 YTD
DFL LCV (DFAC + ZNA)
vs CY 2021
CY 2022 YTD
Note: Nissan announces rounded flash results to the media.
Nissan reports retail sales for PV and wholesale sales for LCV
“May witnessed continued impact on vehicle production and sales due to ongoing semiconductor and parts shortages, supply chain disruptions, and extended lockdowns in key regions and cities from the spread of COVID-19,” said Shohei Yamazaki, senior vice president of Nissan, chairman of the Management Committee for China, and president of Dongfeng Motor Ltd. (DFL).
Despite all these challenges, Yamazaki said he was pleased to see improvement in the overall pandemic situation across the country with concerted efforts by the government, medical institutions, industry, and citizens. “We are equally excited about the series of recent incentive policies issued by governments at all levels to boost the auto market to which our teams have proactively responded,” he added.
“We hope improvement in pandemic control, all these preferential incentives, and the gradual recovery of the supply chain will complement our efforts to bring our production and sales, and the lives of customers, back to normal,” he said.
< Nissan scope (PV + LCV + CBU) >
• 68,844 vehicles were sold in May under the Nissan scope.
< DFL-PV (Nissan + Venucia + INFINITI*): Part of Nissan scope >
• The sales volume of Dongfeng Nissan (including Nissan, Venucia and INFINITI brands) in May reached 55,924 units. The sales volume of the Nissan brand reached 49,875 units, and the Venucia brand sold 5,609 vehicles. Dongfeng Nissan sold 353,493 vehicles from January to May. Nissan brand sold 318,854 units. The Venucia brand sold 34,639 units, an increase of 22.7% yearon-year.
< Nissan’s LCV (Dongfeng Automobile Co. Ltd and Zhengzhou Nissan): Part of Nissan scope >
• Nissan’s LCV sales in China stood at 12,920 vehicles in May. DFAC’s May sales reached 9,160 vehicles while Zhengzhou Nissan’s May sales stood at 3,760 vehicles.
• Dongfeng Nissan’s performance in May was driven by its sedan and SUV series across the Nissan, Venucia, and INFINITI brands.
➢ For Nissan Sedans, Altima sold 9,042 units in May and 59,450 units in the year to date, a 3.1% increase year on year; the SYLPHY series (including ePOWER SYLPHY) sold 26,592 in May, a 1.8% increase month on month. The accumulated sales of the SYLPHY series stood at 161,455 vehicles from January to May.
➢ For Dongfeng Nissan SUVs (including Nissan, Venucia and INFINITI brands), total sales reached 15,733 units in May and 104,613 units in the past five months. Qashqai sold 8,915 units in May, a 3.0% increase month on month with accumulated sales of 59,244 units from January to May.
➢ Venucia’s May sales were boosted mainly by the Venucia V-online (2,573 vehicles), and D60 series (2,477 vehicles). The Venucia D60EV sold 1,880 units, a 140% increase year-on-year. Accumulated D60EV sales in the past five months grew 253.1% year-on-year.
➢ INFINITI’s May sales were driven mainly by the QX50, Q50L, and all-new QX60.
• DFAC sold 58,776 vehicles from January to May, including 7,277 NEVs, a 52.9% increase year on year.
• Zhengzhou Nissan’s May sales continued to be driven by its pickup and SUV businesses, including Nissan Navara (748 vehicles) and the Dongfeng Rich-brand pickup series (2,944).
* Infiniti sales includes both CBU and local production
日产中国官网将使用Cookie技术为您带来更好的网站体验，如果您浏览此站点，即表示您同意我们使用该技术。更多内容请参阅 《日产中国隐私政策》 。